Over 30 years experience highlighting Software Engineering · Organizational & Operational Efficiencies & Execution · Cross-cultural Communications & Integration · Program Management · Process Improvement · People Management · Training experience · CMMI Process & Tools · OO design & development · Highly-Available Distributed Fault-Tolerant OS · Advanced Data Structures & Modeling
- Eclipse, NetBeans, jBuilder, Visual Studio, VSS, SharePoint, Git,
- Linux, AIX, UNIX, Solaris, Windows; IBM RS6000, Sun Microsystems
TECHNICAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
Autodesk, Shanghai Program Manager 2008.02 – 2012.08
- Program Manager: propose & drive various division initiatives to improve capabilities & efficiencies by analyzing & synthesizing information from brainstorming with product & project managers to identifying team, organizational, & individual strategic deficiencies. Communicate, coordinate efforts, & manage commitments at all levels of management & staff across all teams. Report to Division Director of over 300 engineers.
- Quality Assurance Department Manager: people manage several Scrum teams of QA engineers on several groups of products, including SaaS. Established cross-division QA Management Team. Report to Division Director.
- Training Committee Leader: develop, instruct, & manage internal & cross-division training department workshops & processes for trainers & students.
- SW Developer: use Java on Scrum/Agile project to develop zero-client browser-embedded design tool with cloud-based server.
Q1 Consulting, Shanghai Principle Consultant 2006.06 – present
- Process Improvement Consultant: consult with IT departments to evaluate process capabilities (using CMMI v1.1 as a benchmark); establish action plans to prioritize & implement process improvement projects; consulted on project output.
- Programmer: develop software systems, from websites to back-end servers.
- Trainer: develop & deliver Soft Skills, CMMI, technology, & process trainings to all levels of staff.
Mitac International, Shanghai SQA & PI Project Manager 2004.04 – 2006.04
- Software Quality Assurance Department Manager: lead self-founded team of over 9 SQA engineers to objectively evaluate, communicate, & track both manager & engineer non-compliance to organization-defined processes & standards. Establish project priorities, assign, & manage the activities of the engineers within the department. Plan, budget, & report all department QA activities.
- SEPG Manager & Process Improvement Program Manager: manage 10 teams of over 30 SEPG members to implement CMMI v1.2 level 3 across seven business units, totaling a staff of over 600. Coordinate efforts with other managers & teams to establish project priorities, assign, & manage the activities of the engineers within the group. Plan, budget, & report all organizational process improvement activities. Used Subversion & Bugzilla.
- Trainer: Develop & conduct CMMI & process-related trainings for Mgt. & engineers.
- Mentor: Organize, develop, & conduct S/W Technology Workshop to improve staff’s skills.
Universal EC, Inc., Taipei Senior Java Engineer 2002.02 – 2004.02
- SEPG Leader: lead team to implement CMMI level 2. Establish code review, CM, PP, PMC, & other CMMI-related processes, policies, & support tools.
- Team leader: enhance a communication module for a J2EE implementation of a TRP FXML SMS/ebXML message engine using Hibernate & Ant.
Virtual, Inc., Taipei Senior Lead Engineer 2000.12 – 2002.02
- Team leader: design & develop server-side Java framework to support wireless communications to hand-held clients including an SMS protocol reader & message generator, persistent file cache, product licensing subsystem & generator, automated code generator & template language, & system configuration data manager using Ant & XML.
- SEPG Leader: establish code review, CM, TS, & other CMMI-related processes, policies, & tools to support SEI CMMI capabilities.
Jade Pacific Corp, Taipei Senior Engineer 1999.05 – 2000.12
- Designer & developer: of Java Servlet & JDBC framework.
- Designer & developer: of web-accessible Mutual Fund system.
- Maintainer: of C++ CGI framework & custom-written JSP-like scripting language.
- CM Manager: Established new CM policy, including a code review process.
III, Taipei Senior Engineer 1998.03 – 1999.05
- Developer: Use Java, Java Swing, C, Borland C++ Builder, CGI, & Windows GUI programming to develop real-time device monitor applets & a browser-based server configuration systems including dynamic html CGI, & an Integrated PBX Phonebook System.
- Familiar with many networking-related protocols (e.g., ADSL, OSPF, RIP, RSVP, SNMP, SNMP++, WinSNMP, VPN, WBDM)
- CM Manager: Establish CM policy & coding standards; recommended Problem Tracking system.
IBM/Boeing Co., D. C. Senior Engineer 1991.07 – 1998.01
- Designer & Developer & Engineer of Systems Services subsystems providing a highly-available distributed fault-tolerant OS for Britain’s New Enroute Center (NERC), Taiwan’s ATCAS, & the U.S. DSR: OSI/ISO session management & TCP/IP socket communication software; interface to external universal time source; hardware diagnostics; system performance monitoring using Ada on IBM AIX systems; Implemented 100% coverage unit testing.
- Long-term in-country systems debugging, & integration support.
- Support formal sell-off & maintenance on-site in Taiwan.
CSC, D. C. Sr. Member of the Technical Staff 1989.01 – 1991.07
- Task leader of a team of five, principal designer & developer of DCA’s turnkey MIS in Ada.
- Chief Investigator of a team of four evaluating the Honeywell APSE for NASA. (see “Publications” below)
- Lead developer of the I/O components of the Common Ada Programming Support Environment (APSE) Interface Set (CAIS-A) & the Distributed CAIS-A for the U.S. DoD STARS Program.
- Designer & developer of an interoperable Ada I/O for the STARS Projects. Researched object interoperability by modeling data structures, file & operating systems & their semantics.
- Investigator of an integrated object-oriented life-cycle methodology.
- Investigator of heterogeneous distributed O/S’s for the GSDEIS for NASA’s Space Station.
System Designers, Ltd., D. C. Software Engineer 1986.06 – 1988.11
- Designer & developer of a FORTRAN/COBOL to Ada translator in Ada & DIANA for IDA.
- Designer & developer of tools for the FAA.
- Author of Jovial to Ada transition feasibility study for USAF. (see “Publications” below)
CSC, D. C. Member of the Technical Staff 1984.10 – 1986.06
- Designer & developer of a turnkey MIS using Pascal, KSAM, & OS routines for the USCG.
World Data, Inc.D. C. Software Engineer 1983.06 – 1984.06
- Designer & developer of turnkey MIS subsystems using a Pascal-like language.
- Evaluation of the Honeywell Ada Program Support Environment (APSE), NASA GSC, 1990.
- Ada Transition Feasibility Study of an Automatic Test Equipment System (Jovial to Ada), U.S. Air Force, MATE Program Office, 1988.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- George Washington University, Washington, D. C., BBA, Information Processing, 1985.
- 3-day Official SEI Introduction to CMMI, Dec. 2002, QAI. (Certificate)
- 4-day CMMI Workshop, June 2004, PIA.
- 2-day CMMI Process Group Workshop, July 2004, PIA.
- 2-day CMMI Quality Assurance Workshop, August 2004, PIA.
- 2-day CMMI Measurement & Analysis Workshop, Dec. 2004, PIA.
- 2-day SCRUM Master Training, June, 2009, UPerform Consulting Group.